Manchester, England (CNN)At least 19 people are dead and almost 60 injured in what police are treating as a terrorist incident Monday night at Manchester Arena, where pop singer Ariana Grande was performing, Greater Manchester Police said.
Here’s what we know
- 19 people dead and almost 60 injured, Greater Manchester Police say
- Explosions reported at 10:35 p.m. on Monday, local time
- Law enforcement officials say a suicide bombing is the likely reason for the blast. A male at the scene has been identified as the probable attacker
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May described the incident as an “appalling terrorist attack”
- The incident took place outside the venue in a public space, Manchester Arena says. Venue held 20,000 people, many young fans
- Emergency phone line set up for those who are concerned about loved ones: +44 (0)161 856 9400