The Sikh leader Bhai Daljeet Singh Bittu has been acquitted of the honor of the last case. 65-year-old Sikh resident of England with him. Jaswant Singh Azad (Sunderland) has also been acquitted of the lawsuit, which had found a false case of catching many arms.
The police told the story in 2012 that, Jaswant Singh has come from Britain to kill Dera Sirsa chief, Nurmahalie Ashutosh, Bhanrnagar, from England and has been caught with several dangerous weapons. S. Jaswant Singh was associated with Bhai Daljeet Singh Bittu, Babbar Khalsa and Khalistan Zindabad Force.
Sikh leader Bhai Daljit Singh Bittu & S. Jaswant singh Azaad (Sunderland UK) acquitted by the court of Mrs. Preeti Sahni, ASJ Jalandhar in Kasr FIR No. 216/2012, under section 120B, 121, 121A IPC, 25 Arms Act, 10, 13, 15, 17, 18B, 20, 23, 28, 38, 39, 40 of UAP Act, Police Station Div No. 8 Jalandhar
Life Sketch of Bhai Daljit Singh Bittu
Name: Daljit Singh @ Bittu
Father: Dr. Ajit Singh (Retd. Dean PAU Ludhaina)
Mother: Palwinder Kaur
Wife: Amrit Kaur
Brothers: Sarabjit Singh, Gurjeet Singh (Both Elders & lives in Canada)
Sister: Rajinder Kaur (USA)
D.O.B: 12 -02-1962
School: Sacred Heart School, Ludhiana
College: Govt. College, Ludhiana (Pre University & Pre Medical)
University: Veterinary College of PAU Ludhiana (B.V.Sc)
After June 1984, went underground in May 1985.
President of Sikh Students Federation from 1988 to 1992.
Member of Panthic Committee from 1990 onwards.
President of Shiromani Khalsa Dal from 14 April 2004 to 6 june 2006
Vice President of Shiromani Akali Dal Amritsar 7 june 2006 to 26 August, 2007
Chairman, Akali Dal Panch Pardhani from 30 November, 2007 to till date
Total Cases: 28
Acquitted Cases: 28
1. FIR: 56/24-04-1996, PS: Focal Point Ldh, U/S: 25 Arms Act
(Regarding Recovery of Revolver used in Ashok Bedi’s Murder Case)
Discharge by AK Mehta, CJM Ldh on 10-12-1999.
2. FIR: 58/29-04-1996, PS: Focal Point Ldh, U/S: 25 Arms Act
(Regarding Recovery of Arms)
Acquitted by Harpal Singh, JMIC Ldh on 22-12-1999.
3. FIR: 98/11-04-1996, PS: Sadar Ldh, U/S: 25 Arms Act, 3/4 Explosive Act
(Regarding Recovery of Arms & Explosive)
Acquitted by GS Sran, ASJ Ldh on 08-05-2000.
4. FIR: 27/12-05-1996, PS: Nangal(Ropar), U/S: 25 Arms Act
(Regarding Recovery of AK-47 alleged to be used in Patiala SSP Murder)
Acquitted by Baldev Singh, JMIC Anandpur Sahib on 11-03-2000.
5. FIR: 319/109-07-1985, PS: Division No. 5 Ldh, U/S: 307, 427, 148/149 IPC, 3/4
(Regarding Attempt to Murder SSP Ldh AP Pandey)
Acquitted by CD Gupta, ASJ Ldh on 08-12-1999.
6. FIR: 292/12-07-1985, PS: Sadar Ldh, U/S: 302/201, 34 IPC (Regarding Murder of
Harjit Singh, Rattan Singh)
Acquitted by SS Arora, Sessions Judge Ldh on 11-09-2000.
7. FIR: 431/06-12-1985, PS: Focal Point Ldh, U/S: 392/397 IPC
(Regarding Dacoity in a Bankl Located at Focal Point Ldh)
Acquitted by AS Kular, ASJ Ldh on 08-08-2000.
8. FIR: 503/10-12-1985, PS: Sadar Ldh, U/S: 392/34 IPC
(Regarding Dacoity in Eyali Co-op Bank)
Acquitted by RK Sharma, JMIC Ldh on 29-08-2000.
9. FIR: 315/31-07-1985, PS: Moti nagar Delhi, U/S: 302 IPC, 3/4 TADA
(Regarding Murder of Lalit Makin MP)
Acquitted by DS Pawariaya ASJ Tees Hazari Court Delhi on 07-12-1999.
10. FIR: 973/1985, PS: KalkaJi Delhi, U/S: 392/397
(Regarding Dacoity in a Bank Located in KalkaJi Area Delhi)
Acquitted by ASJ Patiala House Court Delhi on 16-01-2001.
11. FIR: 32/1986, PS: Dakha Ldh, U/S: 307, 148/149 IPC
(Regarding Attempt to Murder Kirpal Singh)
Acquitted by RK Beri,JMIC Ldh on 13-06-2000.
12. FIR: 51/28-03-1986, PS: Division No. 4 Ldh, U/S: 302, 307, 148/149 IPC25 Arms
Act, 3/4 Explosive Act
(Regarding Firing in Daresi Ground Ldh)
Acquitted by SS Arora Session Judge Ldh on 01-08-2000.
13. FIR: 86/10-06-1996, PS: Division No. 5 Ldh, U/S: 302. 367, 148/149 IPC, 3/4 TADA
(Regarding Murder of Ashok Bedi)
Sentence to Life Imprisonment by SK Garg ASJ Jld on 04-06-2005.
Acquitted by Supreme Court of India on 08-09-2005.
14. FIR: 292/28-10-1986, PS: Division No. 5 Ldh, U/S: 395 IPC, 25 Arms Act, 3/4 TADA
(Regarding Dacioty in Bank Located at Bharat Nagar Ldh)
Acquitted by CD Gupta, ASJ Ldh on 13-11-1999.
15. FIR: 319/14-12-1986, PS: Division No. 5 Ldh, U/S: 307/34 IPC, 25, 27 Arms Act, 3/4
(Regarding Attempt to Murder RL Anand Session Judge Ldh)
Discharged by MS Virdi ASJ Ldh on 18-03-2008.
16. FIR: 231/14-12-1987, PS: Civil Lines Pta, U/S: 302/34 IPC, 25, 27 Arms Act, 3/4
(Regarding Murder of SSP & Sp of Pta)
Acquitted by JS Chawla, Spl Judge in Nabha Jail on 03-11-2001.
17. FIR: 296/14-08-1988, PS: Sadar Ldh, U/S: 124A IPC, 3/4 TADA (Sedition case)
18. FIR: 411/10-11-1989, PS: Civil Lines Pta, U/S: 302/120B , 148/149 IPC, 3/4 TADA
(Regarding Murder in Thapar Institute Pta)
Acquitted by JS Chawla, Spl Judge in Nabha Jail on 06-01-2001.
19. FIR: 269/1990, PS: Sadar Pta, U/S: 302, 307, 148/149 IPC
(Regarding Murder of Sarpanch of Village Daun Kalan Pta)
Acquitted by Mrs. Sabrina ASJ Pta on 17-04-2001.
20. FIR: 71/07-06-2007, PS: Kotwali Asr, U/S: 153A. 153B IPC
(Regarding Slogans at Akal Takhat Sahib on 06-06-2007)
Acquitted by PS Narang ASJ Asr on 08-06-2010.
21. FIR: 49/20-04-2006, PS: Dhanaula (Barnala), U/S: 124A, 153 A IPC
(Regarding oppositon of Land Acquition by TRIDENT)
Acquitted by ASJ Barnala on 13-11-2009.
22. Proceeding U/S 107/151 Cr.PC Dated: 07-02-2008 By SDM Ludhiana
Discharged on 14-02-2008.
23. Proceeding U/S 107/151 Cr.PC Dated: 19-12-2008 by SDM Ludhiana (West)
Discharged on 02-01-2009.
24. FIR: 26/12-02-1987, PS: Division No. 6 Ldh, U/S: 395, 397, 342, 412, 506 IPC, 3/4
TADA. Also being Tried as CBI Case RC/01/87-SIU-ii Dated 17-02-1987.
(Regarding Dacioty in Panjab National Bank Ldh)
25. FIR: 84/31-05-2007, PS:Fatehgarh Sahib, U/S: 153A, 153 B, 124A IPC
(Regarding Slogans at Gurdwara Joti Sarup FGS on March Against Saudha Sadh)
26. FIR: 131/27-08-2009, PS: Sarabha Nagar Ldh, U/S: 13, 15, 17, 18, 18B UAP Act
(Regarding Financial Aids to Jail inmates & Shaheed Families)
27. FIR: 61/ 28-07-2009, PS:Sadar Mansa, U/S: 302/34 IPC, 25 Arms Act, 16(1) UAP
(Regarding Murder of Dera Sirsa Premi Lilli Sharma At Mansa)
28. FIR: 165/15-11-2009, PS: Sadar Ropar, U/S: 25 Arms Act, 3/4 Explosive Act, 16, 17,
18, 18B UAP Act